Welcome to the 'Green Your Holidays' opportunity area of the 2008 Celebrate Local Campaign. To be eligible for one of the weekly rewards from one of our partners, like a Chinook Book, Celebrate Local book, gift packages from our partners, or tickets to a local cultural event, REPORT YOUR ACTION HERE.
Here are a few suggestions from our partners and community members:
- Give experiences or your time instead of stuff. (visit King County Waste Free Holidays and King County EcoConsumer for more ideas).
- Switch to LED lights and increase the energy efficiency of your home this winter.
- Eliminate wrapping paper and packaging- lots of ideas how to and more at Celebrate Green, where you can order the book Celebrate Green by local authors Corey Colwell-Lipson and Lynne Colwell.
- Even more ideas at Green Thing.
- Home-make gifts such as soap, picture framed and more (Check out the Seattle Free School offerings).
- Help the environment by learning how to garden or reducing your carbon footprint on TeachStreet.
- Walk, bike and bus to your holiday events. You can now use Google Maps to get directions by using public transit or walking.