Welcome to the 'Think Local First' opportunity area of the 2008 Celebrate Local Campaign!
To be eligible for a reward (a Chinook book, tickets to local events or more), REPORT YOUR ACTION HERE.
Here are a few suggestions from our Celebrate Local partners and community members on how you can 'Think Local First':
- Include at least one locally-grown food item on your holiday table- take the Puget Sound Fresh Pledge to Eat Local for this Thanksgiving and you might win a year's worth of organic turkey or milk.
- Shop at a neighborhood or locally-owned store. Support Seattle BALLE and their work to promoting Think Local First all year long. Even better-encourage a local small business to get a Think Local First! Kit
- Give the gift of Chinook Book: a green resource guide and coupon book for the best of what’s green and local.
- Get your Puget Sound Community Change Card the Interra Project, and funnel money from your purchases to helping schools and non-profit organizations that benefit our community.
- Find local classes on TeachStreet from learning how to play a guitar or learning how to sew.
- In South King County, visit sococulture.org and click on calendar for lots of local festive events. Support your local artists and performers!